PADI Adventure Diver
The PADI Adventure Course helps you get more out of diving by in introducing the new types of diving adventures. It’s a great opportunity to works with your instructor to build your scuba diving skills and gain more confidence.
Have you always wanted to try the Digital Underwater Photography? >How about Divers Propulsion Vehicle? Here’s your chance because you can sample three dives of your choice, get a taste of what you like, and feel more at ease in the water, strengthening your underwater skills and letting you enjoy scuba diving more than ever.
* Get credit! Each Adventure Dive may be credited toward the first dive of the corresponding PADI Specialty Course. This means you can be well on your way to becoming a Master Scuba Diver.
What you Learn
You can choose what you’re most interested in learning. Need to work on your Buoyancy Skills? Try the Peak Performance Buoyancy Adventure Dive. Want to know what you’re looking at? Try the AWARE – Fish Identification Adventure Dive. Choose any three of the following Adventure Dives:
Adventure dives available for scuba divers 10 years old and older:
- AWARE – Fish Identification
- Boat Diver
- Digital Underwater Photography
- Peak Performance Buoyancy
- Underwater Naturalist
- Underwater Navigator
Adventure dives available for scuba divers 12 years old and older:
- Deep Diver
- Diver Propulsion Vehicle
- Drift Diver -Only available at our Borneo Divers Mabul Resort
- Multilevel Diver
- Night Diver
- Search and Recovery Diver
To take the PADI Adventure Dive Course, you must be;
- A PADI Open Water Diver or Junior Open Water Diver certification (Or qualifying certification from another organization)
- Minimum Age: 15 years old (10 years old for Jr. Adventure Diver)
- PADI Adventure in Diving Manual
- Divers Log book
- Wall Certificate and certification Card
- Free use of Full set Diving Gear (except for prescription mask and Dive Computer)
- Boat and training dives
- Refreshment (coffee and tea) and light lunch at Mamutik Island only
- Conservation fee and entrance fee to the Tunku Abdul Rahman Park
- Hotel transfer within Kota Kinabalu City only
|0830||Assemble at Borneo Divers Training Institute STAR Marina, Shang-ri-la Hotel, Tajung Aru for Registration.|
|0900||Proceed to Dive Base at Mamutik Island which is about 10 min away.
Dive 1 – Adventure Dive 1
Dive 2 – Adventure Dive 2
Dive 3 – Adventure Dive 3
|1600||Return to STAR Marina, Shang-ri-la Hotel, Tajung Aru|
|“End of Program”|
Your Next Adventure
After your Adventure Diver certification you can take the next step by completing two more adventure dives. If you completed a total of five adventure dives that include deep dive and underwater navigation, you are an PADI Advanced Open Water Diver.
PADI Adventure Dives can also be counted towards the Specialty Diver Certifications. For example, if you liked your Night Adventure Dive and wanted to take a complete PADI Night Dive Specialty Certifications, your adventure dive can count as the first dive of that specialty.